Transferring an Award
Sponsored program agreements are awarded to the institution and not to the individual. If you are
transferring a sponsored agreement from another institution to Georgetown University or, if you are
leaving Georgetown University and intend to transfer a sponsored agreement to another institution,
please contact the Office of Research Services (ORS) as soon as possible for assistance via email: email@example.com
Remember when transferring a sponsored agreement to Georgetown:
- The awardee (previous) institution must agree to relinquish the sponsored agreement before it can be transferred;
- A new application must be submitted to the sponsor from Georgetown University that includes all GU applicable rates.
When transferring a sponsored agreement from Georgetown to a new institution:
- Obtain approval of the Department Chair;
- Notify the sponsor that the transfer is anticipated (ORS must sign this letter of notification);
- File all technical reports;
- Notify the Sponsored Programs Financial Operations (SPFO) office so that the financial reports can be prepared and unexpended balances or overdrafts can be handled appropriately;
ORS is available to assist with the transfer activities. Please contact ORS as early as possible if transferring to another institution.